Of Embers & Flames

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Decision-Making in Animation Technique

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Lun'wi
Piece of Cake.

MessageSujet: Decision-Making in Animation Technique   Lun 10 Avr - 23:55

Technique Choice

Choosing sand animation over any animation technique didn't come easily, as it wasn't my initial idea. I first thought about doing my film digitally, 2D hand-drawn. I wanted the flames to be different from the characters, however, so I chose to animate the flames with sand. I knew I enjoyed sand animation but I wasn't sure I was comfortable enough to animation human silhouettes. My animation class suggested I could try animating silhouettes, which I did, and only then I realized I could do everything in sand. It also brought a whole new dimension to my film, and added a lot of poetry to the storytelling.

Since this was my first exploration of sand for a short film, I had a lot of suggestions to add more dimension to my film. I had people suggesting colored gels for the under-light, colored sand, and colored alpha channels added on top of the sand in compositing. I ended up not going for any of those; I enjoyed the very neutral look of the background, which brought focus on the silhouettes. I think in this way, I captured the flow of emotions I originally wanted for my film, and I kept the poetry of the black on white.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://ofembersandflames.forumcanada.net

Decision-Making in Animation Technique
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1