Of Embers & Flames

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Director's Statement

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Lun'wi
Piece of Cake.

MessageSujet: Director's Statement   Lun 10 Avr - 19:36

Rough Version

Long Version

Will o’ the Wisp started out as a simple idea; to experience or visualize any kind of human interaction as a dance between two individuals. However, dances can suffer from a missed step, and original souls or flames coming from someone can already be broken in some way. It is not always easy to understand who we are, or why things happen, and that makes us delicate, or breakable. My flame is a little fragile, but I let it be open to others, and sometimes it can be wounded by whoever came close to it. Even though other classic love stories or human interactions can and will continue to inspire my creative process, Will o’ the Wisp is incredibly personal to me. As painful as Will o’ the Wisp can be, it was mostly a healing process. By creating and sharing it, it empowered me. From a place of hurt and despair, I evacuated and I accepted my pain through the making of this film. There is poesy in pain, but mostly in the healing that comes out of it. I think sand animation helped me recreate this kind of poesy; the poesy of imperfection, sorrow and healing. When I started making Will o’ the Wisp, I just wanted to tell something, to find relief. I found much more now that it is done, I found peace, and also pride, because despite all the hours of stress and disappointment, the final result is as poetic as I wanted it to be, maybe more.

Short Version

When I made Will o’ the Wisp, I translated human interaction or relationship as a dance between flames. However, individuals can be broken, and so will their flame. I realized when I opened myself to others, when I accepted to dance, I could get hurt. Will o’ the Wisp helped me accept this reality while showing it, but mostly healed me. The poesy of sand combined easily with the poesy of pain and healing. Sand allowed me to express my emotions as raw, as natural as they can be.

Dernière édition par Lun'wi le Lun 10 Avr - 19:51, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://ofembersandflames.forumcanada.net
Lun'wi
Piece of Cake.

MessageSujet: Re: Director's Statement   Lun 10 Avr - 19:50

Revised Version

Long Version

Will o’ the Wisp started out as a simple idea; to experience or visualize any kind of human interaction as a dance between two individuals. However, dances can suffer from a missed step, and individuals and their flames can already be flawed in some way. It is not always easy to accept our flaws, to understand who we are, or why things happen, and that makes us delicate, or breakable. My flame is a little fragile, but I let it be open to others, and sometimes it can be wounded by whoever came close to it. Even though other classic love stories or human interactions can and will continue to inspire my creative process, Will o’ the Wisp is incredibly personal to me. As painful as Will o’ the Wisp can be, it was mostly a healing process. I recovered from the abyss of a broken heart, of losing someone I deeply cared about, a situation where someone played with my heart and told me lies. By creating and sharing my film, it empowered me. From a place of hurt and despair, I evacuated and I accepted my pain through the making of this film. There is poetry in pain, but mostly in the healing that comes out of it. I think sand animation helped me recreate this kind of poetry; the poetry of imperfection, sorrow and healing. When I started making Will o’ the Wisp, I just wanted to tell something, to find relief. I found much more now that it is done, I found peace, and also pride, because despite all the hours of stress and disappointment, the final result is as poetic as I wanted it to be, maybe more.

Short Version

When I made Will o’ the Wisp, I translated human interaction or relationship as a dance between flames. However, individuals can be broken, or flawed, and so will their flame. I realized when I opened myself to others, when I accepted to dance, I could get hurt. Will o’ the Wisp helped me accept this reality while showing it, but mostly healed me. The poetry of sand combined easily with the poetry of pain and healing. Sand allowed me to express my emotions as raw, as natural as they can be.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://ofembersandflames.forumcanada.net

Director's Statement
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1